Do you own a Redmi Note 5, a Mi 6 or a Mi Mix 2? Please note that you can now enjoy how to install Miui 10 in beta mode. In this article, we present you a relatively simple way to install the new Xiaomi overlay on your MI smartphone.
As expected, Xiaomi announced MIUI 10 on May 31st. The new version of the Chinese manufacturer’s Android interface offers several new features, including better support for edge-to-edge displays. Added to this is an integration of artificial intelligence. While the rollout of the internal beta started on June 1 st in China, the one for global users was announced in India on June 7th. Owners of the Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S and Redmi Note 5 will be able to enjoy it at the end of the month, while the public beta of the remaining models will start at the end of July. While waiting for this global release, several links related to the beta for China have been unveiled.
Designed for owners of Oreo 8.1 Android devices, they allow to install MIUI 10 on the Mi 5, the Mi 6, the Mi Mix 2 or the Redmi Note 5 Pro (India). Discover below how to benefit from it.
Prior information Before Installing MIUI 10
Before going further, it should be noted that as we are dealing with a beta version of MIUI 10, bugs can be at the rendezvous.
We are therefore not responsible for damages that may be caused to your smartphone. By the way, before we start, we recommend backing up your files.
The first thing to do is to unlock the boot loader of the phone. For that, just go here.
Then download the ROM for MI Smartphone from Below Links
|MI Model||Download Links|
|MI||Click here to Download|
|Mi 6||Click here to Download|
|Mi Mix 2||Click here to Download|
|Redmi Note 5 Pro||Click here to Download|
Then the TWRP recovery via ADB if you use a PC or via Android Zip on Mac.
Extract the Android zip file and place the folder on your desktop. Turn on your device and type the Desktop / Android command. Then enter ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh.
Steps: How to Install MIUI 10 on your smartphone
- Turn off the phone and start it in Fastboot mode by simultaneously pressing the power and volume down buttons for several seconds.
- Connect your phone to a PC via a USB cable, launch the command prompt on your PC and navigate to the folder where you downloaded TWRP Recovery ZIP.
- Type ‘fastboot devices’ in the command prompt and check if the system detects the device.
- If the system detects your phone, type ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.zip’ and press Enter.
- Now, hold the volume up and power up buttons to start the phone in recovery mode. Now, You will then be asked to accept the changes.
- Select ‘Wipe’, and choose ‘Advanced Wipe’, check ‘Dalvik / ART Cache’, ‘System’. ‘Data,’ ‘Cache,’ then swipe to the right to erase.
- Make a return and click on “Install.” Navigate to the location where you stored the ROM file. Select it and slide it to the right to flash.
When the installation is complete, click “Restart” and then “System.” After rebooting, your smartphone should work under MIUI 10.
Also, Watch the below Video on How to Install MIUI 10 on your MI Smartphones